In a presentation at the Vodafone African Business Leaders Forum, Alec Erwin, CEO, UBU Investment Holdings, South Africa, highlighted the need for African leaders to have a focused developmental strategy in order to attract investment.”It is important to have clarity of purpose,” said Erwin. “We need to attract resources in order to develop infrastructure in Africa, and we will only be able to do this through establishing public private partnerships.”He emphasised that only by stabilising the economy, legal system and capital markets, can African countries gain the foreign investment that they require. “It can’t be done by proceeding with ‘business as usual,'” he added. “It means changing the way we govern in Africa.”Dr. Iraj Abedian, Pan- African Capital Holdings, South Africa, agreed, “If we don’t actively engage and take the appropriate action, we will miss out on investment opportunities in Africa. We need to graduate from being subject to being citizen,” said Abedian. “A responsible citizen.an engaged citizen.”According to Dr. Kofi Amoah, CEO, Progeny Ventures Incorporated, Ghana, “some investors come to Africa, look and turn away. To build a new paradigm, we need to consider key blueprint issues on the continent,” he explained. “These include our political space; human rights; the psychological state of our people; and the global environment.”These comments were made during a debate on how to tackle Africa’s developmental challenges. All of the panelists on this session form part of the African Business Leaders Forum Advisory Team
SOCIAL BUSINESS SESSIONSBE PART OF THE SOCIAL BUSINESS REVOLUTIONSeptember 16th, 2014Take part in the social media driven Social Business Sessions by following @SBS_2014 on twitter and SocialBizSessions on Facebook.
BIG EVENTMACUFE 2014October 3rd, 2014Please check out our facebok page and follow us on twitter for the great stuff YML has planned for MACUFE 2014!!!
- In your view @awethugareth, what has made @awethuproject project so popular in GP? Is your Focus only in GP? #AwethuMeansBiz 2 years ago
- As a follow up to the first question, @awethugareth, where is the project most active at the moment? #GarethMeansBiz 2 years ago
- Hey @AwethuGareth. In which cities is @awethuproject getting more response for your programmes? #AwethuMeansBiz 2 years ago
- Hi @AwethuGareth are you good? #WhoIsGareth #AwethuMeansBiz #WhatIsAwethu 2 years ago
- Twitterview with @AwethuProject's @AwethuGareth in the next 30 minutes. Join us using #AwethuMeansBiz and #GarethMeansBIZ cc @MsNxumalo 2 years ago
Top Posts & Pages
What We CoverBusiness Cape Town Cape Town International Jazz CAPTURED Economic Development Electronics Entertainment Events Fashion Features Film Life Lifestyle Luxury Brands MACUFE Mangaung 2012 MTV EMA Music MY METRO New York City Reviews Samsung Africa Forum 2012 Technology Television TOURISM Tourism Travel Uncategorized
What’s been happening?